GoDaddy is famous for being a host provider but the company also offers a simple shopping cart solution. One thing good about this is that they are an all-in-1 service provider. Merchants coming to them to buy hosting would be able to try out their solution known as the Website Builder.
In the last few years, GoDaddy has come under fire plenty of times – and for plenty of reasons. Not only has the company used sexual advertising several times to promote its services, which has led to backlash several times, but in early 2011 then-CEO Bob Parsons killed a wild elephant in Zimbabwe, which many believed was just another sign that the company was willing to engage in unethical practices. (This includes buying domain names users search for and then inflating the value of these domains when users return to purchase them so GoDaddy makes a larger profit on the transaction.) In late 2011, GoDaddy also initially supported SOPA, which also indicated the company was not willing to support its customers freedom of speech and activity on the internet. (GoDaddy reversed their opinion shortly after a call to boycott the company because of this.)
GoDaddy is one of the biggest names in web hosting and domain registration.
GoDaddy was founded in 1997 as Jomax Technologies. They started offering hosting in 1998, and changed their name to GoDaddy in 1999.
In 2000, GoDaddy became ICANN accredited and began registering domains. Today they are the world’s largest domain name registrar, managing over 63 million domain names. They have over 14 million customers and have won numerous awards for their workplace, sales, and customer service.
Go Daddy offers a complete line of eCommerce and online marketing tools, all designed for the user with no knowledge of programming. Quick Shopping Cart has everything you need to sell products online. Whether you use it as a stand-alone storefront or add it to an existing website, all you do is customize your product catalog, design your site and you’re in business! Some companies require a monthly fee PLUS a percentage of the total transactions for a shopping cart but not Go Daddy. With Quick Shopping Cart, you simply pay a monthly fee. The rest is all yours. Go Daddy customers may also order a professional logo, ad banners, a complete business identity and a website design from the experts on our Dream Design Team.
Pros of GoDaddy Web Hosting:
1. GoDaddy Is Cheap.
2. GoDaddy Gives Unlimited Bandwidth*
3. GoDaddy Offers Quality WordPress Auto-Install
4. GoDaddy Integrates Products Well
5. GoDaddy Offers Scale & Resources
6. GoDaddy Has Phone Support And Little Down-Time
7. GoDaddy Hosting Is Current On The Latest Technology
Cons of GoDaddy Web Hosting
1. GoDaddy Uses A Custom Hosting Panel (unless you pay)
2. GoDaddy’s Stance On SOPA/PIPA
3. GoDaddy’s Marketing Is (Historically) …Odd
4. GoDaddy Explicitly Limits Your Databases, Email Addresses & Memory
5. GoDaddy Is A Huge Corporation
6. GoDaddy Makes It A Little Hard To Leave
7. GoDaddy Is Very Restrictive On Data
Godaddy Hosting Review – Main Features:
- Free Domain with annual plan
- One-click install of 200+ Free Applications
- 1GB storage MySQL Linux and 200 MB storage Windows SQL Databases
- 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection
- Flexible, easy-to-use control panel
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
Offers Godaddy – hosting Review:
- Godaddy offers $ 100 Google AdWords Credit.
- $50 Bing Ads Credit .
- $50 Facebook Ad Credit.