Are you having trouble deciding what free cloud storage service is right for you? Here we show the best services to help you decide.
1. Mega – secure storage in the cloud 50Gb
MEGA offers 50 GB of free online data storage with support for sharing and charging on mobile devices.
MEGA users immediately get 50 GB of free storage space in the cloud. There is no way to earn more free space with MEGA, so you need a professional account if you want more.
– Instant access to 50 GB of free storage
– You can share folders with the public
– Supports multiple file / folder downloads as a ZIP file
– Allows loading from the mobile application
– Load entire folders using a browser
– You can control the speed of charges through the browser
– It allows to pause charges
– Limit bandwidth of 10 GB (it is reloaded every 30 minutes)
– No shared advanced links with password protection
– You can share a complete folder or individual files from your MEGA account so that anyone can download their shared content without the need for their own username and password.
2. Pcloud online storage 20Gb
pCloud is a free cloud storage service that offers 10 GB of space. The conditions can be met to increase it to 20 GB without cost.
Share folders and files with anyone, copy photos from social networks in your account and manage everything you have with each other with a mobile application, through a web interface and using a desktop program.
Anyone who registers with pCloud instantly gets 10 GB of free storage.
There are many things to do to earn more free space, such as inviting friends to create your own account and if you like the Facebook page of pCloud.
A total possible space of 20 GB can be used for free with pCloud after all the bonus options.
– Up to 20 GB of free storage
– No speed limit
– No limits on file size
– Easily filter all your files by type of images, audio, video, documents, etc.
– Upload entire folders through the website
– You can search through all your files from the website and the mobile application
– Share files with users other than pCloud
– Broadcast media files
– Add files from a remote URL
– Supports files offline
– Option for anyone to upload files to your account through a shared URL
– Send files to your account with a unique email address
– Connect to your account through WebDAV
– Backup of Facebook, Instagram and Picasa photos in pCloud
– Manage shared resources from the website, desktop software and mobile application
– Favorite folders for quick access
– Option to enable automatic uploads of photos / videos from the mobile application
– Shared files / folders can not be password protected
3. Mediafire online storage 50Gb +
ediaFire is an online storage service that offers unlimited bandwidth, more than 50GB of free storage and easy access to upload and view your files on almost any device.
MediaFire will give you 10 GB in advance when you register for a free account.
There are some ways to get more free storage space, such as referring friends, downloading your software or posting MediaFire links on social networks.
In total, you can get a little more than 50 GB of free storage in the cloud.
– 10 GB of free storage instantly
– Upload files up to 25 GB
– No bandwidth limits
– You can share files and folders with anyone
– Mobile app
– You can import files from a URL
– Non-users can upload to your account
– You must log into your account once a year to avoid expiration
– Supported by ads
– There is no option for bandwidth control when uploading files
4. Dropbox cloud storage 18Gb
Dropbox offers 2GB of free online storage with many methods to get more. View and upload files to multiple devices and share complete folders with anyone.
Everyone starts with 2 GB when registering on Dropbox. There are numerous ways to get more space, some simple and others that require a little more time.
In total, you can end up with around 18 GB of free storage with Dropbox.
– 2 GB of free space is allocated to each user
– You can get up to 18 GB of free storage
– Desktop application for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
– You can limit the upload / download bandwidth of file transfers
– Mobile application for several devices
– You can restore deleted files up to 30 days after they were deleted
– No file size upload limit when using desktop software
– Share files and folders with anyone
– Shared files can be downloaded as a ZIP file
– Easily keep track of shared files and folders from a single page
– Shared folders are disabled for a day if traffic exceeds 20 GB on a given day
5. Box storage in the cloud 10Gb
Box (formerly Box.net) is a cloud storage service that offers 10 GB of free storage for each user.
Box facilitates the editing and uploading of Microsoft Office documents into your online account.
Each Box user gets 10 GB of free storage. Sometimes there are opportunities to increase your free storage capacity. Visit the Box home page or your account to see these occurrences.
– 10 GB of free online storage space
– Perform an instant search of all your Box files from the mobile application and the desktop program
– Upload several images and video files from a mobile device
– Download a complete shared folder as a ZIP file
– Desktop application to load data
– The notes can be added together with the files
– Share files and folders even if the recipient does not have a Box account
– Enable offline access to your files from a mobile device
– You can configure two-factor authentication
– Option to share files and folders from the desktop software and the mobile application
– Google Docs and spreadsheets can be created directly from Box
– The loads can not exceed 250 MB in size
– Shared files can not be password protected
– Some functions only work if you upgrade to a paid version
6. FlipDrive 10Gb cloud storage
New FlipDrive users get 10GB of initial storage with the opportunity to get more for each friend they can refer to to start using FlipDrive.
There is no mobile or desktop program that can be installed to load files on FlipDrive, so the web version should be sufficient. Although you can load entire folders using the web, which is good.
You can share files with anyone, even if they do not have a FlipDrive account. However, a registered FlipDrive account is required to access shared folders. Recipients can receive write, edit, delete and share permissions, as well as read rights for folders.
You can create up to 10 shared links and upload files of up to 25 MB.
The FlipDrive website is not the easiest to use compared to most other cloud storage services, which is a pain, but it still works if you can work through it.
7. Google Drive 15Gb cloud storage
Google Drive is an online storage service that provides a word processor, a presentation and a spreadsheet program, creating a good alternative to Microsoft Office.
The highlight of Google Drive is that you will find that the menus and the interface are natural to use and everything is automatically saved online.
There are five sections in Google Drive. Docs (Word), Slides (PowerPoint) and Sheets (Excel) can be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
Also included are forms and drawings.
All sections of Google Drive store files in your Google account, which reach a maximum of 15 GB, either office documents or regular files such as images and music.
– Software download is not required
– Save in popular file formats
– 15 GB of free storage space
– Share files and folders with others
– Miniatures of documents before opening them
– Open a variety of file types
– Optionally, save and recover files from your account through a Windows or Mac desktop program
– Users of mobile devices can install the Google Drive application on their Android or iOS device
– Live spell checking for documents, slides, forms and drawings
– Activity monitor to track changes made to files
– Several people can edit one file at a time
– Live chat is supported when several people use the same file
– The spell checker must be started manually in Google Sheets
– Converted files have a size limit
8. One Drive 5Gb cloud storage
Formerly called SkyDrive, OneDrive is an online storage service from Microsoft. Everyone receives 5 GB of free space when they register.
Additional hosting can be granted if you follow certain instructions, such as referring friends and synchronizing photos for mobile devices.
You can install a Windows and Mac desktop program to easily transfer folders and files of any type to OneDrive, making them accessible from an iOS or Android mobile device. The mobile application can also upload files, both images and videos.
OneDrive supports the sharing of folders and files with unregistered users. You can configure a permission to allow only the display or allow full editing.
9. Hidrive 10Gb cloud storage
Get 5 GB of free online storage space with HiDrive. If you recommend that your friends join, you can increase your storage up to 10 GB.
If you are a Windows or Mac user, you can connect to your account through WebDAV, which makes it really easy to drag and drop new files to your account.
The applications are available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone users, who support loads of photos and mobile videos.
When sharing files, you must set the URL to expire after a certain number of days and also set a maximum number of allowed downloads before the link becomes invalid.
You can also share folders, and recipients, even non-users, can download all files at once into a file.
10.Yandex.Disk almacenamiento en la nube 10Gb
Yandex is a Russian company known primarily for its popular Yandex Search and Yandex Email services, but they also have others, such as 10 GB of free cloud storage for anyone who creates an account.
There are many useful functions with Yandex.Disk, such as the exchange of public and private files and folders, the ability to import photos through social networks, massive downloads, automatic uploads on mobile devices and support for drag and drop.
Windows, Mac and Linux users can install a desktop program to upload files to Yandex.Disk, and a mobile application is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
11. Sync cloud storage 5Gb
You can have 5 GB of free storage in the cloud when you sign up for Sync.
Like some of the other services listed on this page, Sync can upload several files at once through the website interface, as well as mobile and desktop applications.
You can create shared folders with which other users can interact, as well as share any folder or file with anyone, regardless of whether you are a Sync user.
Vault is a folder in Sync where you can place files so they do not synchronize on your other devices. This is useful if you only want to archive some files online, but you do not need them elsewhere.
See the Sync features page for a list of its features and some comparisons between the free and pro versions.
12. hubiC cloud storage 25Gb
Get 25 GB of free file storage with hubiC.
Windows, Mac and Linux users can install desktop software to upload files or use the web version. A mobile application can be used with Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices.
Files and folders can be shared with anyone, even if they are not hubiC users. However, they must be configured to work only for 5, 10 or 30 days before the link expires.
If you share a folder, visitors can download several files at once through a ZIP download.
13. Jumpshare cloud storage 18Gb
You can load more than 200 types of files in Jumpshare, with a total of 2 GB of free storage for each user. If you recommend your friends to join Jumpshare, and you can get up to 18 GB for free!
A downloadable program is available for Windows and Mac users that allows drag and drop functions of really simple quick key files. There is also an iOS application.
14. mydrive storage in the cloud 0.1Gb
MyDrive is another online storage service but it offers much less space than most others on this list. There is no limit to the number of large loads, but you can only store up to 100 MB in myDrive, which also means that the maximum file size is 100 MB.
Mobile and desktop applications are available and you can connect to your account through WebDAV.
myDrive is very limited compared to similar websites, such as the fact that file sharing is allowed only if a “guest” username and password are provided, and only one is obtained.
Although I like it, you can download several files to a file and restore the deleted files up to a month after deleting them from your account.
15. 360 security cloud cloud storage 10000Gb
360 Security Cloud is a Chinese service that offers a large storage capacity of 360 GB when it is registered for the first time. If you download the desktop client, it will instantly update to more than 10TB of storage!
Files and folders can be added to your account through the website or the desktop program that is available for Windows and Mac.
You can share files and folders with anyone through a public link, which does not require you to have a 360 Security Cloud account.
Android and iOS mobile applications can be installed to access 360 Security Cloud, share files and folders and upload photos and videos.
There is a “daily draw” link available on the website that, when clicked, gives you additional storage space. The amount changes every day and you can only enter once a day.
Note: The 360 Security Cloud mobile application, the website and the desktop program are only available in Chinese. Although it may be almost impossible to understand what you are doing through the applications (since you do not read Chinese), uploading and sharing your files is a bit easier if you use an English or Spanish translation of the 360 Security Cloud website .
16. Amazon drive 5Gb cloud storage
Amazon.com has an online storage service called Amazon Drive, which offers Amazon Prime members unlimited storage of photos plus 5 GB of space for videos and files.
Users can share files to create a public link that anyone who uses it can access, even if they do not have an Amazon account. Folder sharing is not supported.
The files can be loaded using the desktop client software or the web version, although only the first one allows the loading of folders. A mobile application is also available to upload videos and photos from Android and iOS devices.
17. iCloud 5Gb cloud storage
If you want to make a backup of your iPhone in iCloud, you will need more than the free allocation of 5GB offered by Apple, but compared to the rivals, the prices of iCloud are very reasonable.
The Mac Finder application integrates iCloud Drive, where you can store the files you want. Documents created in the iWork suite of applications are also saved in iCloud and can be synchronized across all your devices. Windows users can also synchronize their files with iCloud Drive using the official client and access the iWork applications on the iCloud website.
– Reasonable prices
– Close integration with Apple platforms
– Only 5 GB of free storage
18. nextcloud cloud storage
NextCloud is not an online provider of cloud storage, but it offers free software to download and install a cloud storage service on its own server. Using a server on your home network for cloud storage is much faster. You can also enable encryption and make sure that the information never leaves your home network, which is much more secure.
If you have no experience in servers or IT, you can even buy a pre-configured NextCloud Box on the website that comes with a 1TB hard drive and will work with a cheap Raspberry Pi board to keep your data in sync.
– Innovative self-hosting solution
– Adapt your cloud locker to your needs
– Available preconfigured configurations
19. idrive 5Gb cloud storage
IDrive offers continuous synchronization of your files, even those in network drives. The web interface supports file sharing via email, Facebook and Twitter. Careful users will be happy to hear that files deleted from your computer are not automatically deleted from the server, so there is less danger of accidentally deleting something important.
IDrive also offers IDrive Express, a service through which, if you lose all your data, it will send you a physical hard drive, which will allow you to quickly restore all your backed up files.
20. Certainsafe cloud storage
If you put your company’s files online without protection, you could have a big problem. The CertainSafe digital safe is designed, from top to bottom, with the security of your data in mind. Skillfully enables work and can be used by individuals, small businesses and even companies. It is an excellent choice for secure storage and synchronization in the cloud, as well as for encryption applications.
The service offers two price levels. For a few dollars per user per month, you get 100 GB of encrypted storage online and the ability to offer access to 100 free guest users and a little more per user per month offers 250 GB of storage and 200 guests. Beyond that, you will have to ask for a personalized quote. You can take the service for a free 30-day trial, without the need for a credit card. Note that the company also offers a business-specific version known as CertainSafe Digital Vault. There is even an API that allows internal encoders to incorporate CertainSafe technology directly into their proprietary applications.